Sunday At Coney Island

As you can see from the announcement above, I am about to embark on two months of full-on fashion. Before I fall into the super-fab world of high fashion I wanted to take a little trip to a world which it super-fab in it's own little ways - Coney Island.
Coney Island is a world of extremes - the most seedy, the most potential, the most excitement, and the most forgotten.
I bet in twenty years we will look back at these images and barely recognize Coney Island, it will soon be remade much like the recent revitalization of 42nd street. Is that a good thing or bad? I don't know, but every time I go it just becomes more fascinating.
Playa Every emotion is in this little girls face - fear, excitement, pure joy
Coney Island has a seediness that openly rubs elbows with family entertainment - this hotel is in the shadow of the boardwalk amusement rides.
Special events and new sports complexs are some of the first sign of revitalization of the boardwalk
This guy was seriously rocking the boardwalk karaoke
The best $2 taco I have ever eaten from one of the worse looking places I have ever dared to order food from.
Well, I think this sign speaks for itself

Blog Archive