The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p4


This is the Marc jacobs black corduroy jacket I'm buying for the shows.
Since he already cuts his jackets pretty short and slim very little alterations will need to be done - just sleeves, nip in the waist and the back-collar roll adjustment.

The pants in the shot are my new APC slim cut cotton jeans, hopefully the dark denim jeans will stretch out to fit like these cotton jeans.

I'm really excited about the black jacket - I think it will be a great investment. It will work with my dark denim jeans, black cotton jeans, grey flannels, proper black wool pants and or even my beat-up Levis. Of course I will wear the jacket with the Lidfort shoes, I think they are really important to the jacket because they don't look like Jil Sander shoes or Prada or even Marc shoes really, so I think it will keep me from having too literal a "Marc Jacobs look." That kind of mix really sums up my own personal look - mixing old-school Italian like Lidfort or Borrelli with much more modern labels like Dries or Marc.

Every season I try to buy one unreasonable accessory.

This season it is this Dries Van Noten sequined scarf. I know, crazy- but It is short enough that I can wear it loosely tied around my neck and inside my shirt for an updated ascot kinda thing.

I mean really, who ever heard of a sequined ascot/scarf - like I said, it is completely unreasonable but I love it!

Blog Archive