The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p3


Downtown to APC for some new jeans.
I took a pair of New Cure slim cut, unwashed denim into the dressing room - size 31.

The waist was perfect but the legs were a little tight.
I came out and asked the salesperson what he thought. He asked if I had any problem buttoning the waist, "no" I said "the waist is perfect but the legs are a bit tight."
Again he says "you had no problem button the waist? ", "no" I repeated. " oh, then those are too big!" He looked very serious.

I tried on the size 30.
I could barely button them closed and I could not bend my legs once I was in them!
This time I literally HOPPED out of the dressing room!
The salesperson rushes over and says "PERFECT!!!"

I will have to wear them around the house for a day to stretch them out a bit before I can get them hemmed.

I read my readers comments and emails and a lot of you also said to size down because the APC jeans stretch out - I'm trusting you!

If I lose circulation in my lower half or lose the ability to reproduce because of these jeans I gonna be super pissed - except they also mentioned I should not get my jeans wet either.

Blog Archive