On the Street.......Chambray Shirts, Paris

I don't know about you but it has been a loooong time since I have worn a chambray shirt.

I saw this guy in Paris at the Watanabe show and the slim cut of the denim shirt just made it look new again to me (I don't think I will wear mine quite as open though.)
When I got back to New York I found this one at J. Crew ( I know, two J. Crew posts an a row - I swear I'm not getting paid by them!!) The extended collarband detail, slim cut, soft chambray and large white buttons is what really got me. J. Crew Chambray Shirt


Of course, as it hits 90 degrees in New York I begin to think about Fall 2007 and my return to Paris in October (it should start to feel like Fall by then)
When I was doing the post about the Dust Bowl look - I came across this shot which is so inspiring.
It has also been a while since I buttoned a shirt all the way up but it might work great with this new chambray shirt, some type of chunky sportcoat on top and mixed with pants and shoes worn like the gentleman below.


and a scarf (I guess that goes without saying)



This is how I use my own site - a little bit of this, a little bit of that

This is why I often say that I rarely consider an entire look as a "yes" or "no" but as elements to be pieced together for my own use.

It is a visually greedy approach but also a much more accepting approach- it allows me to be inspired by a very large cross section of people because it is not really about the people at all.

Actually, sometimes it is about the person and not the clothes but then it is usually about the intangible quality of HOW they wear the clothes.
Case in point

Again, completely visually greedy but instead of been exclusive to people wearing high-end labels it is really very inclusive.

Abstract Inspiration!

wow, this was a very rambling post

Blog Archive