At Pitti Uomo......A Shorts Review


I am so tired of the enormous, giant, and baggy cargo shorts from seemingly every American mall brand - A&F to J.Crew to Gap.

I love the proportion of the shorts on the gentleman above but I'm still trying to find a shorter short that seems right for me.

Actually, J.Crew does a good shorter length short in 5 or 7 inch inseam but they are catalog only and come in a limited color and fabric run.



I guess the question I'm pondering (yes, I know I sound like such a girl) but do I go just-above-the-knee or mid-thigh.

What do you ladies like to see on a guy? (Isn't that the real factor here anyway?)


ps- this is not the same guy from yesterday's green DB post.

I just realized how similar they look.

I did see the green DB guy on the last day of Pitti wearing white shorts (like the guy above), white shirt, and a navy single-breasted jacket but I was not able to catch him for a photo.

I just remembered these two images from last summer that are good examples of wearing both lengths
mid-thigh
Right at the knee but reasonably slim

Blog Archive