What A Week!

What a week!
I hope you enjoyed the photos here and on Style.com - I loved that image of Lauren Hutton at Calvin Klein.
Working with only available light can be a challenge but the rewards can be so great.
I was disappointed I wasn't able to write more but I had to shoot all day, edit, color correct etc and load by by around midnight so by the time I had a chance to write I was exhausted. I fell asleep at my computer twice!

Besides most of the outfits were so well-executed that I didn't feel I could add much more.
In retrospect I feel they were a little too perfect - safe almost. I kept waiting for that one look that would really surprise me. With a more international audience for the European shows I think the mix of styles will be more dramatic in Milan and Paris plus I hope to get some good stuff my two days in London.

Anyway I know that the time difference while I'm in Europe will help give me that little extra time I need to completely mangle my thoughts in only a way I can do!

The highlight of the week for me was talking to Bruce Weber briefly before the Ralph show. He is really my only photographic influence. I saw sat behind Peter Lindbergh at the Donna show - that was cool.


By the way - my show-down with Anderson Cooper never happened.
I guess he was off doing something to save the world and with all the rain I didn't wear my suit anyway.
I really have to stop writing about myself. You cannot imagine how many people at the shows asked if I was wearing the Ralph or Marc stuff I wrote about. It was very rewarding though when they said I was the best-dressed photographer they had ever seen - I didn't remind them about Astaire in Funny Face!

Blog Archive