UPDATEAt Ralph Lauren....Alan Flusser



After reading some of the comments on this post yesterday, I see the reactions were very mixed.

And I know I’ve said it before, but I still think that people too often judge a look as a total "Yes!" or "No!"

Which really misses the point of most of the photos.

When I look at this shot, I never get past the little detail section that I've added today.

I love that combo of patterns and solids. Plus, the silk scarf, wool coat and suede jacket are so texturally rich.

Try to consider most of the shots in a slightly abstract way. I rarely shoot anything that I like as a whole head-to-toe look, but if I can get a little something, then it’s up to me how I use it. This strategy allows me to open my eyes and not worry about who, what and/or where.

And isn’t that what it’s all about?

That this man is Alan Flusser is secondary to me. Honestly, I just couldn't think of a pithy title for the shot, so I just used his name.

Blog Archive