The Sartorialist Almost Arrested in Antwerp!!!!

Prostitution is legal in Antwerp and I think pot is too but don't cross the street against a red light or BIG TROUBLE!

A cop car stopped me today in Antwerp because I crossed the street against a "NO Walk" sign.

Well, I am a New Yorker, sorry but that is what we do.

In New York If no traffic is coming and you don't cross the street people will think you may be hurt and will come to your aid.

This policeman stopped me not because i had created some type of traffic problem but merely because I had crossed the street against the red "right in front of my nose."

He was so mad his hands were shaking while he looked at my ID. When he asked for my ID I gave him my drivers licenses but he wanted my passport. He really thought he had me when I couldn't find it right away but when I found it he was pissed that he didn't get to take me in to the station house.

He asked all kinds of questions like how long I have been in Antwerp and why I am here.
He was looking for the stamps on my passport and asked why the last one was from 2006. I told him I don't know and that i came here on the train. "From New York by train?" he asked, "No from Paris" I said.
I was trying really hard not to laugh out loud.

"This is very bizarre, let this be a warning!!!"he said and he drove away.

That's right, me and 50 Cent, we are some bad-ass lawbreakers in Antwerp!!!

Can I come back to New York now?

Blog Archive