One Of My All-Time Favorite Shots


This is one of my all-time favorite shots simply because I almost didn't get it.

When I am walking on the street I am constantly,constantly, constantly adjusting and readjusting the setting on my camera so I don't have to be messing with them when I stop someone to take their photo. On this morning I knew I walking into the sun for a little while so I did a few adjustments to my setting.

It was pretty quiet that morning so I was a little relaxed and not expecting to see much then all of a sudden I see this young lady on her bike.
I had no time to do anything but raise the camera and shoot. Eight out of ten times I would miss this shot because the focus would be off, or the shot is too blurry or the exposure is overly bright or dark, or I just didn't see the outfit well enough before it was too late.

This time it all worked perfectly and I didn't even see the white leather boots she was wearing (to ride her bike!) until I looked at the shot in camera.

I love her posture, the bike itself, her hat pulled low, the studious glasses, she just seems so elegant and yet completely sporty. I hate over-preciousness and she seems like the kind of girl that would ride in a convertible with the top and not worry about her hair because she knows she has a great cut.

I know I am completely projecting here about what who she is or what she may be like but that is what inspiration is all about. I don't need to know the facts- this unknown woman will live forever in my memory just like this. Perfect

Blog Archive