The Sartorialist Profiled In Focus Magazine


So I'm excited, Focus (the Newsweek of Germany) ran a profile on The Sartorialist this weeks. Below I have translated and paraphrased a few of the questions and answers. It seems odd to translate something that was said in English to German and then from German back to English, if the interview sounds odd, I'm blaming it on that.


Focus: The Fashion Blog "The Sartorialist" has grown quickly in the past half year to 110,000 visitors per month. What is the secret to your success?

The Sartorialist: I made The Sartorialist because I kept seeing guys on the streets of New York or that worked in the fashion industry that I thought were just as fashionable as the models I would see in a GQ photo shoot


F: What is a Sartorialist?
S: A gentleman that has developed a style that helps express his personality.


F: How did you become one?
S: My style icon was Giorgio Armani growning up. In college I majored in Costume Construction and I did marketing for Valentino. I also owned a showroom that promoted young designers like Peter Som.


F: So what is personal style?
S: I like to mix modern and classic items, however I don't like items that are to precious.


F: What rules do you follow and which do you break?
S: i don't worry about the rules.


F: Which stores do you like?
S: 10 Corso Como in Milano, Bergdorf Goodman and the Apple Computer store in New York

Blog Archive