Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban Personal Appearance At Bergdorf Goodman

Last Friday night I was lucky enough to attend an intimate dinner for Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban that was hosted by the super-fabulous Michael Bastian and the equal fab Margaret Spaniolo , Senior VP, GMM of Bergdorf Goodman. I had a chance to sit next to Jean-Claude and considering that his family has owned Charvet for years and he is full of great stories, we talked for hours and fashion never came up - that is really weird for me! We talked about the internet ( I'm humbled to say he is a big fan of The Sartorialist), food, travel, food, books, food, and kids, a lot about kids and food.

I always expect people from really old companies to be a little out of touch with modern culture but I think a reason Charvet stays relevant is because Jean-Claude is so interested in what is modern. He told me about using one of his kids amime sketches as an inspiration for a Charvet tie pattern -to me, that's pretty cool.


Jean-Claude Colban giving a seminar on how to fold a seven-fold tie.


Margaret Spaniolo of Bergdorf giving the seven-fold a try.

The art installation outside the Charvet shop at Bergdorf

The adorable labels of the adorable children's Charvet shirts.

Every department needs a character

Blog Archive