Weather or Not?

Yesterday several people commented that the young lady in the shorts looked sooo cold and underdressed for the weather.

The truth is, it was one of those curious days when it was neither too cool or too warm.

My point yesterday was that there seems to be a sweet spot temperature-wise when a person can pretty much dress anyway they want.

For me, that temperature is 60-65F.

I love that range because people really have to get creative with their look, especially if they will be running around all day with no chance to change or add/drop a layer.
I love seeing a young lady grabbing the last chance to wear her favorite Marni summer dress under her newly purchased favorite Fall knit or ,as I was simply suggesting yesterday, a Fall look that still shows some leg.

For me, it might be shorts with a cashmere cardigan.

I usually disagree with people that say "if it is cold enough for a ____ then it is too cold for a ______"

All the images below were taken at the Miu Miu show.
In the top image I see a women in a fur and in the background a women wearing very open sandals. In other images i see some people wearing coats and some are wearing tee shirts.

So what is that "anything goes" temperature for you?
and do you have a favorite combo that you like to break out when it hits the sweet spot?





Blog Archive