How I Look At This Photo

I have often written about "abstract Inspiration" or the fact that I rarely shoot a look in which I like the entire look but only certain elements of the look.

I think if you look at this blog and only say "yes" or "no" to the looks then you are really missing out.

This look is a great example of this idea.

The individual items don't really matter to me but I love the harmony of the colors and how beautifully they work together. Some readers have said that I haven't posted as many mens images lately but to me this look is just as inspiring to my wardrobe as a lot of other gentlemen I have shot.

Are the colors groundbreaking? no
Is the mix "fashion forward"? no

Could I imagine looking at this photo and reminding myself in the morning to wear those green cords with my camel cashmere sweater and grey scarf? Absolutely!

On a typical day I don't want to look trendy or shocking or fashion forward or even draw much attention to myself but i do want to look nice and feel like I look nice - an image like this reminds me of just another simple way to use items that already exist in my (and probably your) wardrobe.

So today this is my men's post

Blog Archive