Every Color In Its Place


There are some colors that I can't imagine wearing in any other shape than a knit layering piece.

Deep Maroon, purple, orange - I can't really imagine wearing these colors as a pant or a jacket or even a shirt but as an accent layer piece i can't imagine dressing without them.

I just bought a few mtm Polo sportcoats for my next Pitti trip and it seems every jacket I bought would look perfect with that cardigan Noah is wearing (above).

I love a bright, clear orange (the kinda color orange they would use in a sports jersey) polar-tech fleece vest under a cashmere navy sportcoat - so lux/tech and so very, very American.

Personally I mostly buy cardigans or double-zip sweaters because they lay more flat on the body than a pullover or sleeveless vest and they don't get that bulky roll right where my bulky roll is.

When I posted this image before, for me, it was always only about the purple knit with the navy.

Blog Archive