Style Profile...Renata Molho, Milan




Renata Molho

Job?
Journalist/ writer

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
Keep straight! Do not deceive yourself and: the material makes the difference.

Style Icons?
Its difficult to say: from Jeanne Moreau or Juliette Greco to the simplest African or Indian woman met by hasard. If I have to choose one clear now is Jane Birkin.

Describe your personal style?
Emotional, eclectic, not conformist, displaced, stateless

I build my daily look around?
My mood

Personal Style quirks?
Instinct: it's like drawing or painting, if you have some material in front of you, you just put shapes and colors together and a sort of harmony comes out.

Most cherished item
Coats and pullovers!!!!!!

I feel best wearing?
Coats pullovers and special evening dress

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist’s outfit ...
If it fits with the figure and the face… if its original to gain a place on the Sartorialist or because it responds to a sort of authentic eccentricity.

I always break this fashion rule.
Elegant- elegant
Beautiful- beautiful
Clever- clever etc.
I do not like symmetrical combinations.

I never break this fashion rule.
Not too many beautiful things together: one particular element and the rest must be something cooler, silent and respectful like a frame in a picture.

Never caught wearing?
Already Fashionable things, in the meaning of trendy.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
Gloves

Dress to impress who?
Myself: in the meaning that dressing for me is just a way to share the space with others, so sometimes I feel like giving a strong contribute to the picture, and sometimes I just need to be transparent, to pass through without making any noise. But it’s always referred to my mood in relation to the others.

Shine your own shoes?
Never

I skimp when buying ...
I do not know: I don’t have items, I have different periods: or I become mystic and don’t by anything or I buy everything I meet and I can afford.

I splurge on.....
Bags and jewels bijoux etc.

Guilty pleasure?
To buy two of what I like.

Cologne, skincare?
Mainly Clinique for the skin and Guerlain mixed with something else for perfume.

Most stylish city?
Berlin, Paris

When I was high school I wore?
Very conformist and bourgeoisie.

Sports?
Swim, tennis, playing cards.

Favorite vacation spots?
Instinctive answer: Istanbul, Terschelling(Holland), Ramatuelle, Baratti.

Blog Archive