How Very "To Catch A Thief"



I saw this display in Paul Stuart on Tuesday and thought it was one of the best tied bandannas I had ever seen.

It instantly reminded me of Cary Grant in "To Catch A Thief" when he is wearing that navy striped knit.

I love how neatly the ends are finished so that they are barely visible.

Whenever i have tried to tie a bandanna like this I end up looking like a euro tourist or Roy Rogers.

I asked them to show me how they did this knot. It is actually a simple double knot but it is all about execution of the knot.

I was practicing it on my flight to Indy yesterday and found that it is easier if you leave one side a little longer when you do the first knot.

For me personally I would not wear the bandanna quite so close to my neck. Instead, this summer I see myself tying it a little looser, wearing it with a casual linen shirt and (in heat of Milan) dipping it in some water to keep me chillin' (for older Sartorialist - "chillin'" being the modern vernacular for maintaining a reasonable cool body temperature)

Blog Archive