On the Street.....Kristin Rawson, Teen Vogue fashion editor

I think that there is a misperception that all fashion editors are pampered, over-privileged divas that earn a ton of money and get all their clothes for free.

I can hear it in some of the comments on my blog and from some people I meet on the street - they are inspired by fashion editors but they also feel a little disconnected from them.

Well, you shouldn't.

By far the majority of editors I have met over the last year are very much real women, just like you - they come in a whole range of sizes, ages, races, and ,depending on their management level, they make a very wide ranging scale of money.

What they all seem to have in common is a great style - thats why they are fashion editors.

I bring this up because yesterday I ran into Kristin Rawson, a fashion editor at Teen Vogue, ( disclaimer: you all know I'm a big Teen Vogue fan) and she looked so great - as you can see.

She was very happy and confident in telling me her dress was from Zara.

I thought that was really cool.

I'm sure (no, I know) many young editors or stylists ,trying to make a name for themselves, feel the potential pressure to always wear designer labels to prove they "fit in" with the fashion crowd. Thats why when I see someone like Kristen , looking great in Zara, I feel doubly inspired because she not only looks so cool but because she is doing it on her terms and in a way that works for her.

She seems to care about the result not the label.

I think that is one of the reasons Teen Vogue looks so good right now because the editors are not just dictating something to you but they are really living it - that's them on those pages.
Their style and attitudes are so clearly reflected on the pages.

Same with Paris Vogue, that's them, the editors, on those pages.

That is a major reason I like shooting the editors (and not the models) at the shows , they are the Derek Jeters of fashion.

Bravo Kristin.

Blog Archive