On the Street...Dr. Michael Macko, New York

One of the things that Americans do very well is working with bright primary colors. Think Ralph, J.Crew, Gap
I guess we are a bold people

On a personal note I want to give a big shout-out to Michael for his recent promotion to:

Super-Vice-President-Special-Adviser-Thoughtful-Consultant-to-All-Things-That-Happen-In-Some-Part-Of-Saks-Fifth-Avenue-Menspeople
(I think that was the title or something close to that)

Michael is one of the guys that I really enjoy talking fashion with - he is tough but hopeful.
Tough but hopeful - that is the best kind of attitude to have in a business like fashion.

He wants/hopes to see good product and he doesn't mind sweating the details.
I've been in the business for a long time and it is always refreshing to meet people that really sweat it and that have been able to maintain a passion for what they do.

Blog Archive