My Disappointment with Stockholm

Since I began posting images from Stockholm I have received a lot of comments like this

"Hm, in stureplan/östermalm, this is so ordinary that I'm getting tired in the eyes just by looking at the picture. It's like that scene in the second matrix movie with all the Agent Smith clones, in stockholm you have 200 of this guy around you all the time and that's pretty annoying after a while.

A lot of swedes has a great sense of fashion though, but you find most of them in Södermalm/SoFo. "

Comments like this reek of "reverse classism" or if you have a look that is a bit "refined and uptown" then it must lack any originality or creativity . I think this is a really crappy attitude.

Sodermalm is a great neighborhood with great style but it makes the people there look small if they think they are the only stylish people in all of Stockholm.

Style is not a win/lose game. Believe me that the people in Sodermalm could learn something from Ostermalm in how to work with color and texture and Ostermalm could learn from Sodermalm about new proportions and how to mix references.

I won't let these images from Stockholm (which are numerous and really great) to be turned into a contest for which neighborhood is better. Both are great and Swedes should be very proud of this.

Rant over - now back to the fun.

Blog Archive