Hello from Art Basel

So my last trip to Philadelphia was a bust so I thought I would be more adventurous this time - I went to Miami!

Actually I am here covering Art Basel for my GQ page. What a scene!

Where to begin:
- I almost got a beatdown for taking a photo of Jay Z at the Fair.
- I bid on something that was not a piece of art but apparently an actual sprinkler system.
- I almost ate a piece of art - looked like a bowl of fruit to me.

I also learned in Miami that just because your hotel has an iron it does not guarantee they have an ironing board.
They suggested ironing on my bed. (I was afraid to ask for coffee for fear they would ask me to cup my hands)

On a good note I did receive a lovely spa level micro-abrasion treatment from my grade 3-level sandpaper bath towels.

I have gotten some great shots though and they will be in the Feb. issue so you will see them soon.

Sorry for the stern look on my face but I'm much better taking the photos than posing for them.

Blog Archive