At Calvin Klein, Milan

The space for the Calvin Klein show in Milan was really small but beautiful with perfect lighting. There were a lot of great looking people at the show and since the space was so tight I decided to sit outside and review my shots,

As I'm sitting there I look out to the back courtyard and see a group of painters taking an afternoon break. One guy absolutely stands-out, its the scarf - really, what American house-painter wears a scarf that way to paint! Brilliant.

And that face!

I knew the shot was going to be great and I didn't want to let it get away so I walked out, smiled, and kinda grabbed his arm and pulled him into the space and set him up against the same wall I had shot the other fashionistas. He was a little shocked but also flattered because I took several shots and he seemed very happy to participate.

I don't speak Italian but when he got back to the other painters I could tell they were really riding him! You don't need to speak Italian to imagine they were calling him "model boy" for the rest of the afternoon! Thanks painter guy - you made my day!!

Blog Archive