Just Another Super Chic Parisian Woman

I'm noticing a trend - women of "a certain age" wearing all white with one dramatic design detail to really pop the look.

The first three women wear all white with a dramatic necklace that adds a shot of intense color. In the last shot, from backstage of the Dries Van Noten show, the woman wears all white with the dramatic ruffle-front shirt as the main design detail.

I think all of them look fantastic. Simply clean, refined and yet even a bit sporty -they don't look as if their clothes will get in the way of what they have to do today.

Actually a friend on mine asked me to buy an outfit for his wife (though she is not of a certain age) to take to London. I guess I was inspired by these photos because I bought her an all-white ensemble of linen pants, long white tunic/dress to layer over the pants with a simple white tank and a beautiful gauzy shawl to cover-up with in the evening. I'm still looking for the perfect dramatic piece of jewelry to really set it off.


Blog Archive