On the Street.....Blue & Right, Manhattan


At this moment in time, I love wearing almost this exact look when I am going to any kind of party or event in the Spring/Summer.

A well-cut blue suit, crisp white shirt and some type of loafer (in brown) can create a look that is just dressy enough and just casual enough for almost any occasion.

I have tried the same look with a blue shirt but it loses the crisp contrast of navy/white and doesn't create as much of a "finished" look.

A black suit/white shirt combination seems a little too formal and a bit cliche.

I keep the look interesting for myself by changing the model and fabric of the shirt - maybe a linen spread collar, maybe a cotton button-down, or maybe a mercerized cotton polo. I also like to change the shape and fabric of the pocket square but I avoid making my choice of pocket square a focus of conversation (that's a whole separate post).

Blog Archive