Wrapping Up Astaire vs Grant

Thanks to everyone who participated!

I love the passion everyone brought to the discussion.

Special thanks the Richard Torregrossa and G. Bruce Boyer for their contributions. I highly recommend both of their books.

Just to clarify Richard was being completely tongue-in-cheek, if you read it again I think it is pretty obvious (and he told he wanted to play a little devils advocate even before he wrote it)

It's funny you guys mentioned Gene Kelly.
When I was in Paris last time I met Mr Assouline of Assouline Books and he said to me "I saw you walking on the the street today! I thought you looked like Gene Kelly!" (I guess I was dressed like an American in Paris)


If I was going to do an actress version of this exercise I would do Louise Brooks vs.....



Who would you compare/contrast Louise Brooks to?

She seems so unique to her time in many ways.

Blog Archive