On The Street........That Fan, Florence

I see this gentleman often at Pitti and he is always beautifully dressed.

I love the sleeve length, pant length and overall fit of the jacket. The slimness of the jacket and pants actually creates a lengthening effect. I would maybe try a slightly more narrow tie and smaller collar on the shirt but that is personal choice.

Notice the upper sleeve, over biceps, section of his jacket - I always try to get that sleeve section a slight bit more narrow. It really finishes off the overall long, slimming effect of a slim cut suit. Look at Astaire, his sleeves in that section are always very narrow. It is a very small detail but one that always stands out to me when I watch Astaire movies.


To the opposite effect, if you are narrow this is a good spot to create a wider visual.

Blog Archive