Style Profile.....David Reeves of Duncan Quinn

I love talking men's fashion with David. He has a classic yet slightly subversive view on style - how British!

One vent or two?
Two vents always really it's a mod hang up

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist’s outfit (Jacket Shoulder, overall fit, shoes)
If I had to say, I tend to look to see if they have hand stitched button holes, (bit snobby though)

I skimp when buying
I don't skimp on anything

I splurge when buying
(see above) consistency is a good thing and I think you should have good taste in everything doesn't have to be expensive necessarily though just good

I always break this fashion rule.
If it is a rule Black Patent shoes in the day I like the glamour and the clean obsidian look of them

I never break this fashion rule.
Bottom button done up on a jacket (or coat) I shout abuse at the T.V. when I see that

Must have item for Fall 2005
Puppy tooth jacket especially black trousers or even primary red if one is being daring

Favorite store
Duncan Quinn of course -! If I had to say another one it would be Douglas hayward London

Style icon
So many I used to like Brian ferry and David Bowie but now I don't try to emulate

Most cherished item
Silver handled umbrella

Favorite item of clothing
My three piece Bespoke Dinner suit - I am getting a white cashmere waistcoat made up at the moment (the cloth is Loro Piana) I am really looking forward to seeing it finished

Favorite “fashiony” movie
Godfather although I don't know if it's "fashiony" like Bladerunner for example

Guilty pleasure
Worlds wildest police chases on TV I love the commentary from Sheriff John Brunnel? 'This chase ended up with a broken van and a broken man!' and so on.

Describe your personal style
I am very influenced by the mod aesthetic which is very clean and almost boring but I also like a bit of glamour and I also like very classic clothes so bit of a mix there I don't like to pin myself down to a look that's quite boring and a bit closed minded I think.

You feel best wearing?
A good suit, calf length socks, good shoes a White silk Bespoke shirt a simple solid tie (probably gun metal) Cufflinks, 1920s Omega watch and a nicely starched white linen Handkerchief.

Personal Style quirk
I have at least 12 plain white shirts all the same when the cuff wears out even slightly I give them to my Girlfriend

Most overrated item in menswear
Watch

Most underrated item in menswear
Cravat or Ascot

Most stylish city
New York

Never caught wearing?
Ozwald boateng suit

When I was high school I wore?
Being English, I wore a uniform - I wore a blazer which wasn't compulsory, I think I was the only person in a school of a thousand that wore a blazer. I got head butted on my first day because of it but I continued to wear it for three years. I thought it made me look really smart.

Shine your own shoes?
when I have time, I do a better job

Favorite fashion magazine?
ID

Favorite other magazine?
Viz
Cologne, skincare?
No

I always dress my best for….?
My Bespoke appointments.
My Job is really hands on and I can be on my hands and knees doing a window display or flying around literally or metaphorically so it's not always practical to wear a three piece suit with all the trimmings at work which is a shame but I still think I look rather presentable anyway what I am wearing in the picture is typical. but when I am purely customer focused I like to amp it up a bit.

Blog Archive