The Sartorial Quiz - Update, Answer

So I am looking in this shop window and thinking about how great the whole ensemble looks and then The Sartorialist in me wondered....


Quiz:
The overcoat has a white cotton pocket square - when you take off the overcoat do you remove the pocket square and place it in your suit or do you have a separate pocket square for your coat AND for your suit?




ANSWER
I went into the shop and asked the owner - without a second of hesitation and with a slight look of surprise that I didn't already know he said "One pocket square for each, of course."

I'm not saying it is right or wrong but I love how many different opinions were left in the comment section and that several of you left very sounds reasons as to why or why not.
I love when I get an idea like this and we get such strong reader participation.

I will really try to get a photo this winter of the Italian guys that put their gloves in the breast pocket of their overcoat.

Some of you thought it seemed a bit over-the-top to put a pocket square in your overcoat but I bet if you saw a guy on the street with one you would barely notice it which ,to me, makes it a perfectly subtle sartorial detail.


Thanks Everyone!!!!

Blog Archive