This Collar Brings Back Memories, Florence

This type of shirt collar reminds me of my first Armani way back when I was in high school around 1985ish.

It had the same type of snap collar detail, but mine was in a beautiful grey/white/red stripe. I asked my Mom to buy it for me for Christmas from LS Ayres (luckily it was on sale), and after a month of begging it was under the tree on Christmas Day.

I loved that shirt SO much that I didn't dare unwrap it from the orignal packaging until around March! It took a while after that before i could actually start wearing it. Just between you and me, I think I still have that same shirt in storage back at my Mom's place.

It's great to have such fond memories of a first "designer" piece of clothing. They say "clothes don't make the man/woman" but that passion I had (and still have) certainly shaped the course of my future.

Blog Archive