Tall’n Small Style Collections

Do you have a friend who is taller or shorter than you are? I think that’s why I was interested in this old photo depicting women with obvious height differences. My friend Margot is quite a bit taller than I am. (I stand at 5’4″ in bare feet.) It’s not really an issue with me…unless she wears something that looks great on her nice tall figure. Something I know I could never make work on my smaller one. That’s when I wish I could stretch myself an additional three inches!

The new magazine ‘the gentlewoman‘ must have been reading my mind. They have a timely article on a dilemma all women face- picking the right clothing to fit us whether we’re tall or small. The magazine’s first challenge- summer shorts.

Marta (small) and Sofia (tall) are models and best friends. The shorts they’re wearing are from two different designers yet the hems fall at the same point on each girl. *Fit is crucial.

Both are in silk shorts by Marc Jacobs. But the proportions are different. Notice how Marta’s shorts show off more leg than her friend’s shorts. This gives the illusion of added height. (The platform shoes help, too!) Sofia’s shorts suit her long lean frame. *Think about proportions.

Marta’s one button white shorts from American Apparel and Reiss tank top with thin stripes are scaled to her tiny build. Bolder stripes on the Uniqlo shirt and three button A.P.C. shorts are better for Sofia. *Don’t forget scale.

Blog Archive