High Heels CAN Negate One's Hijab

All of the scholars of the four madhabs are pretty much together on this one. That the wearing of high heels is haraam. Alot of my sets feature high heels. In my daily life, I think high heels look pretty but I end up wearing flat sandals and flats. I don't own sneakers. Now that this winter has passed though, I have decided to give up wearing any ridiculously high heeled shoe when I return my winter boots to the winter storage since I read this hadith and it got me being cautious since I had never known before where the scholars had come up with their ruling from [now I do]:

Narrated by Abu Sa’eed Al Khudri, Allah’s Apostle said :"A Jewish women used to put two wooden legs to lengthen her shoes, so that no one could recognise her, for she was very short.”

The Prophet forbade this action that is a kind of cheating others with the same intensity that he cursed plucking the eyebrows. My sets will still include high heeled shoes but know that I myself, will buy heightless shoes (still sylin'). I am short. That is how Allah S.W.T made me and it isn't a bad thing. Please forgive me when I slip of and gently remind me sisters I know IRL:D The sets will continue to contain crazy heels, but only cuz I liked the colour or them. Please find a more halal shoe in the same colour where you live:This shoe I won't wear anymore, even though I could always walk in it without making a sound. It was the height issue, not the sound people, that was actually cursed. The sound thing came from wearing anklets and making loud noises with them in times of jalaliya, and some highheels do the same thing today so women USUALLY are pretty good about staying away from those. But any shoe that makes you considerably taller also counts.
Here is a heeled shoe that I am comfortable with so long as it doesn't make a clicking rat-ta-tat sound when I walk. All shoes make some kind of noise but we all know what kind of noise makes everyone in the mall turn around to stare at us. This heel "called a kitten heel" and always under two inches (some runners out there make you three inches taller) doesn't make me noticeably taller and doesn't have the health drawbacks of the heel pictured above. Still cute, still pretty, still sassy, but nothing overboard ya know?
This, albeit more folksy, would have been what that Jewish woman's shoe looked like that the Prophet allahi wa salaam cursed.
Here is a halal wedge size. Nothing incredibly high. Modest, but still styling and beautiful, oui?
Flats--- you can't even tell they aren't heels when you're wearing an abaya.
And an always halal option is flat sandals. They aren't boring at all.

Blog Archive