I Kid You Not..... Some of the Best Men's Magazines in Japan

Oily Boy..well...well...what to say about Oily Boy.

The magazine is produced by the people that create Popeye (which is like a Japanese version of Nylon magazine).

Oily Boy, however, is for the "elder boys" market. I am a little troubled that it's surprisingly so good. I would love to shoot something for them but if I stop someone on the street and say "Hi. you look great..can I shoot you for Oily Boy?" I'm positive I would get punched out.



Click to enlarge any of these magazine pages.



Men's Ex is the magazine in Japan that I contribute a page to every month.

It focuses more on the Italian style that I love rather than all the typical runway stuff. Actually it's more of a shopping guide for Sartorialists, except most the the items are only available in Japan. It is one of the few magazines I would subscribe to if I wasn't already working for them.

I'm also proud of the fact that the guys who work at Men's Ex are very, very stylish and appear on my blog often.



Leon...another great men's magazine that focuses on classic Italian style.



Mens Fudge, I don't even know where to begin...so I won't



I buy these magazines at the shops listed below.

Supposedly you can buy the magazine over the phone with your credit card and they will ship it to you. I'm sure it works fine, but I can't vouch for it myself.

Kinokuniya
1073 Avenue of the Americas, New York NY
212.869.1700

Asahiya Bookstores
360 Madison Ave, New York NY
212.883.0011

Blog Archive