Reading List....Elegance - The Seeberger Brothers



I found this book Elegance - The Seeberger Brothers and the Birth of Fashion Photography by Chronicle Books about a year ago. I have flipped through it often, but I took it on vacation recently and absolutely fell in love with it.

Someday, 100 years from now, I hope some young person will flip through a book of my images and feel the way I felt looking at these photos.

Running a blog is a daily job that requires immediate action. I love that challenge but it is equally important to me that these images last and hopefully reflect a little bit of this moment in time for future generations.

I don't worry if what I do is art - but it is a document. A book like this makes me proud that I might be able to continue that tradition.




I am so jealous I didn't take this photo, but the picture I took the other day in Stockholm feels like this to me and you could almost switch the two young woman and still have the same spirit of the image.

I like to look at this image and imagine it is the Tuileries in Paris and that I am capturing the same spirits today but in different bodies dressed in different clothing.

There are not many men's images in the book but the ones that are included are fantastic.

Even the little details are fascinating. This photo is dated Aug 14th in Deauville.

AUGUST 14th! And she is wearing a giant coat. There are a lot of images like this, people really bundled up in the middle of August. It is the disconnect from today's world that I think makes these images romantic and mysterious.

What can I say about this image except it is soooo beautiful and inspiring.

Blog Archive