On the Street...Andre Benjamin, Florence


So it was the last day of Pitti, really hot in Florence and after being outside all day shooting the heat was starting to get to me.
All I wanted to do was stop into a few shops on my way back to the hotel and then spend the rest of the night working on images in my air conditioned room.

At around 6:45 I popped into Boggi. The place was about to close and there was only one other guy in the shop.
Now, I had just watched the movie Semi-Pro on the plane on the way over and the guy in the shop looked surprisingly similar to Coffee Black. I didn't think it was him because it was just so out of context. I got up the courage to ask if he was the guy in the movie, and just about the time he said yes I remembered his name (thank God!). Of course I knew all about him, but again because it was so out of context I was blanking.

Anyway, I told him I did a blog called The Sartorialist and now he was all excited because he said that he loved the blog and looks at it often. Now I'm totally blushing - I know a lot of people look at my blog but i never think it is someone like him (or Kanye!) (and by "him" I mean any big star)

So , of course I ask if we can go pop outside and take a fast shot.
We find a great background and the photo above is that moment. Honestly, I had to take a few shots because I was still so psyched that this was happening.

We went back to the store and he ended up buying the blue knit shirt that I recommended (I'm wearing mine in the Style.com video a few post down).

Anyway, that is the back story of this photo.

ps. I will make a prediction now that Semi-Pro will clean up at this years Oscars!!
If you haven't seen it yet RUN to buy the DVD - Will Ferrell Rocks!!

Blog Archive