Update On The Street....Refined Casual, Upper East Side

I just wanted to say that I didn't do this post to get him back or for revenge. When I took this photo I reminded him of that story and we both had a good laugh.

Actually, at the time, I was probably much more of a pain to work with than him because I was so young and eager and my enthusiasm far outweighed my talent at that point. I also remember he really saved my ass on something that happened with Nordstrom that he somehow was able to cover for me,

Like I said it was not revenge just an honest, funny story of starting in the fashion business. I was a little surprised no one made a comment about my "5-button" suit.


I use to work with this guy when I first moved to New York in the early 90's. Actually ,in his case, I use the term "work" very loosely and I don't think he would disagree.
As you can see he is the epitome of Trad. Upper East Side Chic (except for the man bag). I remember when I bought my first Armani suit in '92ish - I was around 22. I was so proud and I was sure everyone loved Armani as much as I did. I walked into this gentleman's office that morning while he was eating breakfast with a couple of my coworkers. He asked me all about my new suit - I made sure to point out this was the new "5-button model". He seemed very pleased by that.
I don't think the full weight of his sarcastic interest in my suit really hit me until about lunchtime - that was my first introduction to the vicious style tribes of New York fashion.
I can laugh about it now because I just added about 30 pounds to him in Photoshop, (just kidding)

Blog Archive