How Do I Reconcile H&M?

A lot of the items I have really liked lately have been from H&M - like the puff-sleeve knit this young lady is wearing.

H&M is really on a roll but shopping in an H&M store is such a difficult experience. The few times I have braved my way in, I have had no sales help, the store is a mess and the music was way too loud. Maybe the store is messy because it is sooo busy and that is good for H&M but Old Navy (which I feel is a direct competitor based on price and store size) is almost always a joy to shop, very easy to get help and to find a size.

Is this just me? Maybe I'm too big on the shopping experience but I also don't shop all the time. For those people that treat shopping like a sport, maybe H&M is the biggest playing-field with the toughest shopping competitors all looking for "the greatest deal."

Is the shopping experience important to you or just the end result of what you buy?
Is the "experience" directly related to how much your spending?

Blog Archive