On the Street....Watch It, NYC

It seems the watches on the guys in Europe (especially the Italians) are getting so big and gaudy that soon they will need two wrists to carry them.

I think that is why I don't wear a watch. With smart phones, iPods, etc. always having a time function it is hard to justify wearing such a ginormous hunk of metal.

However, I have had a growing fascination with small vintage watches. They are sleek, chic and almost hidden. I stopped this gentleman coming out of Starbucks because I thought his watch looked so cool, retro and yet totally modern.

So this question is for the guys - but answered by the ladies. Ladies, are you really attracted to guys with giant watches? Doesn't it feel like a bit of overcompensation? Or does it read like a symbol of success - like a shiny sporty car for your arm (and not much smaller)?

Blog Archive