Finally.....My Favorite Shot From London


Sometimes the business of running a blog can affect the day-to-day of blogging.

On my recent trip to London I was able to find a few good shots (even though it rained for hours everyday). However, something fell-thru on my GQ page so I had to switch those trip images to the magazine.

Since GQ just hit the stands I can finally post this image.

What I love about this shot is its timelessness.

Not that it is so great but that it is actually timeless.

Without the benefit of cars, or the way other people are dressed in the background to put it in a clear period context, I can imagine someone 40 years from now having a hard time deciding if this was shot in 1983 or 2008.

I read a lot of comments here like "I grew up in the 80's and I don't want to go back." Well, I grew up in the 80's also and I think it would be interesting to hear this young man's romantic vision of that decade.

Blog Archive