Welcome Back? Hickey Freeman


I know Hickey Freeman has been around a long time and they are a great business, and they are important.......to someone.

They have never actually meant anything to me, until now.

Hickey Freeman has begun an aggressive introduction of the younger, much younger and far hipper Hickey collection. I had seen Hickey before in Bergdorfs, (honestly I had only noticed the sportcoats) but the collection is now front and center on my radar. I love the ads (above), what a way to shake up the stodgy image I had of the brand. It was just about....no, it was....the best thing I saw at the Designer Collective and ,best of all, the prices are great.

For someone , like me, who doesn't have to wear a suit every day they have a lot of options.
I'm big on color, pattern and texture-they do a great job using all three, and sometimes all three in one jacket. I loved the olive/brown corduroy, camouflage print sportcoat that they had at Bergdoef for Fall 2005 and the quilted camouflage version for Fall 2006.

I have to make it up to the showroom for a more indepth Fall 2006 preview, I'll keep you posted.

Blog Archive