Inside Domenico Vacca....Oliver Gerona, Fifth Ave. Manager

Domenico Vacca does color very, very well. When I met with Domenico the other day, he told me about the little white lie some of his customers tell when first shopping in his store.
Apparently they tell Domenico they are "colorblind", and ask him to put together shirt, tie, sweater combos. Over time it becomes clear they are not colorblind but "colorscared". Domenico said one of the best rewards of selling is when they start coming by the store to show off the outfits and color combinations they put together themselves, and how much they appreciated his help in finding their sartorial voice.
To me that is what "service" is all about. Sure the follow-up calls, and home delivery, and whatever, are nice but I want expert help in making me look better and more personal in my own clothes.
Pictured above is Oliver Gerona, the manager of the Fifth Avenue store. He is one of those guys that can help you look much better than you ever thought you could, but that would still not be quite as good looking as him.

Blog Archive