On The Street........Fat Bald Man, NYC

Shooting on the street means having to think fast on your feet.

So I see this guy racing down Fifth Ave and he turns the corner at Abercrombie, I get his attention and ask to take his photo for my fashion blog. Without a seconds hesitation his says to me in very serious Ital-English "Not me, I'm a bald fat man!!" I'm a very positive person, so the first thing out of my mouth was "No, your not.....uhm......so?

We stand there looking at each other for a moment and finally I say "But you look so Italian!" That got him.

What a perfect example of Neapolitan style - the right shoes, the right shirt, a great tie and a very nice Spring-ish shade of blue sportcoat. I asked where he got the jacket and with a mix of pride and nonchalance he says "I have my tailor in Naples do it for me."

These are the kind of guys that inspire me and that I wanted to capture when I started The Sartorialist.

Blog Archive